Monday 23 July 2012

Lots of loaves!

My contribution to this summer's family holiday...


Clockwise from l-r:

So, in turn...

Malted seeded loaf - one of my favourites from the River Cottage book.

White sourdough - used the River Cottage recipe, but this time I used proving containers. Made quite a soft loaf. Nice and open but not as chewy a crumb as the last one, so not as nice. No idea why. Not as thick a crust either, but that's due to me being forced to use the fan oven rather than the conventional setting (which is still broken :-( ).

Wheatgrem - LOVE this loaf, especially toasted. The Dan Lepard one which required minimal kneading. Gorgeous texture and taste.

Brioche - YUM! Cakey texture, rich with the egg and milk. The River Cottage recipe uses (to me) surprisingly little butter. Really lovely fresh and warm, but still nice toasted (with homemade chocolate spread) when it was a couple of days old!

On holiday I also managed to bake Dan Lepard's garlic bread, a ciabatta-style loaf (made with easy bake yeast) which is spread with whole cloves of garic (cooked in a balsamic vinegar reduction). Sweet, salty, garlicky and chewy. Really lovely... Not strictly a loaf (as I sliced the rolled dough and cooked them as rolls) but so tasty I had to include it here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment