Tuesday 26 June 2012

Fruit and nut leaven loaf

Loved the sound of this one. A 'Bread Matters' recipe - I've bought the book I liked it so much! Soaking the dried fruits and nuts and making a 'production leaven', both left overnight, meant that I could get the loaf started at 7.30am on getting up for the day.

One slight hitch was the the batteries on my scales died just before making this... So my measurements were based on guess-timates rather than accurate figures!

So it's basically a white sourdough but not very sour at all - I wonder if that's down to the production leaven stage?? - but with added prunes, figs and dates, and brazil nuts, cashew nuts and hazelnuts.YUM!!!

Fruit and nut leaven loaf


Probably not one I would want to eat every day, or even every week but gorgeous with cheese, or just toasted with butter. A favourite already!

Looked impressive when sliced!


Yummmm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment